1. What personally identifiable information does Ananzi collect from me?
2. How does Ananzi use my information?
3. With whom does Ananzi share my information?
4. What are cookies and how does Ananzi use them?
5. Use of IP Address
6. Links to Other Sites
9. Under-13 users
10. 3rd Parties
What personally identifiable information does Ananzi collect from me?
Ananzi collects information in several ways. Some personal information -- such as a name and e-mail address -- is gathered when you register for various services, and more detailed information is collected when we conduct demographic research.
When you are in a section of Ananzi and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Ananzi, its divisions and/or its third party service providers unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
Promotions that run on Ananzi may be sponsored by companies other than Ananzi or may be co-sponsored by Ananzi and another company. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor.
Please be aware that Ananzi advertisers or websites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those websites are not covered by this privacy statement.
How does Ananzi use my information?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our users with a better online experience, including interactive communications, online shopping and other services. By knowing a little about you, Ananzi and its partners are able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and hence better service to you.
Ananzi delivers targeted advertisements on behalf of advertisers. Advertisers give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach. We take the advertisement and display it to users meeting those criteria. In this process, the advertiser never has access to individual account information. Only Ananzi has access to your information. This kind of advertisement targeting is done with banner ads, pop-up advertising, button ads as well as promotional e-mail.
Ananzi conducts research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. Ananzi may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
With whom does Ananzi share my information?
As a general rule, Ananzi will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below:
* Traffic : Web servers serving Ananzi automatically collect information about which pages each user visits and the domain name of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits. We also provide this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about our users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our advertisers. Any personally identifiable information provided by subscribers online as part of an online advertising promotion, or in order to access a third party service, may be provided directly to the advertiser or third party concerned.
* Promotions : Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. When you request more information about a particular promotion, your e-mail address may be shared with the sponsor of that promotion.
* Shopping : If you make a purchase from an online store or merchant, the information obtained during your visit to those stores (including tracking information and cookies as described below as well as the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information) is provided to the merchants. This is to enable transactions to take place.
* Third parties : Online merchants providing services in association with Ananzi have separate privacy and data collection practices. Ananzi has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their store, and their privacy policies, return to that store's home page and click on the appropriate link.
* Legal : Ananzi may also disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our policies or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Ananzi's rights or property, other Ananzi users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
* Statistics and advertisements : Ananzi may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or "clicked" their advertising banners. Ananzi also uses demographic information to allow advertising banners on our Web site to be targeted, in aggregate, to the readers for whom they are most pertinent. This means that readers see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer's experience and the effectiveness of the ads. In this statistical analyses and banner advertisement targeting, we will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate form.
What are cookies and how does Ananzi use them?
In certain areas of the site, Ananzi places a "cookie" on the browser of an Ananzi user's computer to store and sometimes track information about you. A cookie can be used to tell when your computer has contacted a Web site; we use the information for purposes such as measuring certain traffic patterns, making sure that you don't see the same ad too many times in a single session, serving personalised content and so on.
Use of IP Address
Links to Other Sites
Users should be aware that when you are on Ananzi, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from Ananzi pages that take you outside our service, e.g. clicking on a banner advertisement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. Ananzi does not control the privacy policies of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online -- for example, via message boards or chat -- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While Ananzi strives to protect its users' personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you disclose this information at your own risk.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Ananzi cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Using the e-mail addresses provided when you register for various services, Ananzi may periodically send promotional e-mail to its users about services offered by Ananzi and its advertisers. Reference should be made to the policies pertaining to the use of Ananzi Mail, our free e-mail facility.
Policies for Individuals Under 13 years of Age
Ananzi encourages parents, teachers and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the activities offered on the sites. No information should be submitted to or posted at Ananzi by guests under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent, teacher or guardian.